- Product overview
- Reviews (0)
Synonyms: Hodjicha, Hodjicha, Houjicha
Aroma: bright, with nutty notes
Taste: rich, velvety, with sweet nutty notes
Aftertaste: long, tender and warm
Infusion color: light brown
Action: invigorates, lifts the mood
Warning! The characteristics of tea described above are the subjective opinion and feeling of our tea testers. For each person, our tea opens its wonderful world of sensations and tastes.
Translated from Japanese Hodzich means "fried tea". Due to roasting, green tea turns brown and has a unique aroma and taste.
Hodzich is made from the bancha variety, although it can also be made from sencha or kukich. The basis of the process is frying at a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius, followed by rapid cooling.
This process reduces the content of catechins and caffeine in the leaf. Hodzica is a mild tea that is easy to drink and has very little caffeine and catechin, which are the main sources of astringency and bitterness in tea. Due to these properties, children, the elderly and pregnant women can drink without restrictions.
Hodzica contains very little caffeine, so you can drink it at any time of day.
How to brew Hodzic tea
1. Use purified bottled water. When using tap water (even after filtration), the taste and aroma of tea can be spoiled.
2. Rinse the teapot with boiling water.
3. To prepare a medium-strength beverage, pour dry tea into a teapot just warmed with boiling water based on the proportion of about 1-2 teaspoons of dry tea without a slide per 0.5 liters of water.
4. Close the teapot with a lid, take it in your hands and shake it vigorously several times. Open the teapot and enjoy the aroma of warmed dry tea.
5. Now the tea is ready for brewing. For brewing, use water with a temperature of 60-70oC. To do this, mix boiling water with boiled water at room temperature at a rate of 2: 1 in a separate vessel. Pour the resulting water into a heated teapot.
6. Infusion time - 5-10 minutes. After a maximum of 10 minutes, pour the drink from the teapot into cups or pour it into a separate container.
Have a nice tea!
There are no reviews for this product.
No questions about this product, be the first and ask your question.